Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Angle

It's a new Viva La Verve Challenge today! Head on over to the forum to get all the delicious details from Betty, this weeks hostess, and join along.


Here's my card for today! I was completely in love with the layers that Betty put on the sketch since I've been going CAS so much lately, and the chevron pattern paper from Crate Paper's Random Collection inspired me dusting off the paper crimper tool for the base mats. Those mats don't line up and I even tried a few times with hand cutting them to even up and decided that I'd use that as my theme on the card. Angles!!!! LOL Everything has an angle to it on this card now, slight or exaggerated.

I used a stencil and some yellow acrylic paint for an artsy element and then I started on the sentiment and bow parts of the sketch.

The sentiment is from Verve's Small Phrases set. It was hard to choose a sentiment because they all would have fit nicely with the oval shape. I started the sentiment mat with pattern paper also in the Random Collection by Crate Paper and the A Cut Above Classy Label die. The oval is a Stampin' Up punch from a piece of old daytimer note paper.

It looks like I had some fun with my paper crimper on this card... and the scissors on some Crushed Curry ribbon and text book paper for the flower. It was a bit of a stretch on the style for me, but I like how it turned out!

Just as usual there is a prize for those who champion the months worth of challenges with Viva La Verve, so be sure to read the whole post over on the forum for details and deadlines!




Details:
Stamps:  Small Phrases  (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Random Collection (Crate Paper), Neutrals (Stampin' Up), page of old book for flower and leaves
Ink: Charcoal (Colorbox) 
Accessories: Classy Label Die (A Cut Above Die, Verve Stamps), Yellow Acrylic Paint (Liquitex), grosgrain ribbon (Crushed Curry, Stampin' Up), Tag punch (Stampin' Up), paper crimper, deco style stencil (Laura Kirste Campbell - formerly LOC stamps)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!