Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Thursday, February 9, 2012

What's a platen?


How many of you know, what is a carriage return? Or what is a platen? Do you remember having to learn the parts of your typewriter before taking "Keyboarding" class, before there was a monitor on the desktop? LOL

My kids have had quite a bit of fun with an electronic typewriter I got from my dad. They still call it "THAT thingee" even after some effort to help them memorize the name. It's pretty self explanatory, but hey, it's a different world we live in, right?!?!?

Well my card has a very vintage typewriter on it with a great sentiment hot of the presses, just in time for the upcoming holiday.


I layered some pattern paper onto a dark solid cardstock and did some scissor blade distressing around the edges. The typewriter and stack of paper are stamped in Onyx Black ink and slightly colored with my copic markers. I made a point not to run the tip across any of the ink because it would smear the image. I trimmed out the images and added some foam tape to the them for dimension.

While you have that stamp set out, grab some more pattern paper and make a one-layer card with one of the sentiments stamped on it.


We have two more sleeps until the Stampendous Blog Hop! I can't wait!

Details:
Stamps: Vintage Typewriter (Stampendous) 
Paper: Coral Couture pattern paper (DCWV), white (Neenah), second card uses With Love (Pebbles), Kraft (Wausau)
Ink: Onyx Black Ink Pad (Versafine Tsukineko), alcohol markers, Really Rust
Accessories:

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!