Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Julie and Julia - On the Red Challenge


Good morning to all you crafty people!

The CAS-ual Fridays challenge has been brewing in my mind for a few days and yesterday this little gal from Verve's Twitterpated set came to mind as a perfect fit for the On the Red challenge. Either Julia... or Julie. Can you guess the movie that is inspiring this card? Not hard since I gave you two-thirds of the title... Julie and Julia.

There is a point where Julie goes to a museum of sorts about Julia and stands in front of a portrait. This is where my card's inspiration comes.


I selected some small pattern paper from the Love Me pack by My Mind's Eye. A lacey dress for Julie. A heart pattern for the frame. Some polka-dots for dress ruffle.

My little gal is stamped on some cream paper with Tuxedo Black ink and colored with a few Copic markers. She gets a little platinum liquid pearl treatment on her dotted tresses before she is paper-piece dressed and don't forget the polka-dot ruffle. She also got a bit of a lift from some dimensional dots. I added a little pearl necklace made from a dot of liquid pearl and AtYou Silver Spica Pen.

The frame is cut using the Rounded Scallop Frame Die from Verve's A Cut Above line. I stamped a linen background stamp on it for texture. The heart pattern received a "hand-stitched" border using a PITT artist pen and a Omni-grid ruler. A sentiment in Cocoa ink is die cut out using another Verve-y good die called Charming Oval Die Set and popped up with dimensionals.


I finished the design off with some more hand drawn stitching and stamped some hearts under the frame from the Twitterpated set.


The CFC #38 challenge runs up to 11:59 pm EST on Wednesday. It's CAS so you have lots of time to get one in before the deadline. What's your favorite movie?





















Details:
Stamps: Twitterpated (Verve Stamps), Linen BG (SU!)
Paper: Love Me (My Mind's Eye), Kraft (Wausau), Cream (Wausau), Soft Suede (SU!)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento, Tsukineko), Cocoa (CTMH), Alcohol Markers (Copic), PITT artist pen (Faber-Castell)
Accessories: Rounded Scallop Frame die (Verve Stamps), Charming Oval die (Verve Stamps), Silver Pen (AtYou Spica, Copic), Platinum dimensional paint (Liquid Pearls, Ranger), omni-grid ruler

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. So simple and so cute. I like Julie.
    JudiB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!