Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, February 17, 2012

Everything's Okay


Hello!

I've had this card on my work space all week just waiting for the finishing touches. It was pushed aside for Valentines production, a sewing project for the 100th Day of School and the general business of my life. That's how things go for us sometime's and that's okay. Just like this new sentiment says, you know, everything is going to be okay. The layout has a makeup artist called Viva La Verve and comes from the first week sketch by Amber.

I went with a grunged and distressed look for my card. I was in the mood to make it look well worn. The basic steps were to sponge distress, scissor distress and darken the edges straight on the ink pad. I used different embossing folders on all the mats for more distressing. The sentiment panel is distressed and popped up with the company of a flag and some Verve's A Cut Above Dies (All Aflutter and i heart u). I tucked some vintage ribbon under the butterfly for some eye movement around to the sentiment.


Did you catch the "new" attached to the word sentiment earlier in this post? This little darling Be Okay Plain Jane from Verve is being release today! Yea, a Verve release! It has some company too! There is a sale on now for all those wishing it was spring. Go take a look today and find some spring inspiring select stamps and dies 15% off!

Have a great weekend and I'll see ya around soon!



Details:
Stamps: Be Okay Plain Jane (Verve Stamps), Text Objects (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Random (Crate Paper), White (Neenah), Chocolate (Wausau)
Ink: Brown Bag (CTMH), Crushed Corduroy (Ranger), Colonial White (CTMH)
Accessories: All Aflutter (A Cut Above from Verve Stamps), i heart U (A Cut Above from Verve Stamps), edge punch (EK Success), oval and scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities), embossing folders (Sissix, Ranger and Quickutz), tracing wheel, vintage lace edging (RAK from Lori Bowerman)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!