Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Nesting Ornament Surprise

Updated Monday 12/5/2011: I forgot to mention that I'm playing along in the December Verve Diva Dare: A Handmade Christmas! You can play along, too! Go to Day 1 on the Verve Stamps Blog and link up your handmade holiday goodness!

I'm only two days away from my booth day! I've had my nose stuck to, adhered on, and impressed by almost everything in my craft room this week. It has been the most fun week in that way. Other more realistic ways are that I'm not getting as many sweet family moments in than I might have normally. I have had some though.

The day after Thanksgiving we pulled out the artificial trees and decorated them, put up the stockings and opened up the pine smell candle. Of course, I still want it to smell like a real pine tree in our family room! Hee-hee. I'm living in a dream world friends.

So getting back to this week. I spent one-on-one time with each of my children to create an ornament with them. It was full of tacky sheets and glitter. After they finished up their ornament we found a spot on the special kid tree in the front "kid friendly" room. To my heart's delight I found this little gem on the tree!


These two chicks are from Easter baskets they received from their Grammy CJ. They are nestled into toy work goggles that escaped her house for project purposes and haven't gone back. I think I'll have to tuck these into the ornament box and bring them out again year after year! Precious, I tell ya.

Here's a peek at two more of my creations this week. I'm making more of those tag ornaments. You put it on a gift as a tag and the recipient can slide a photo or flat memorabilia into it and hang it on the tree for many years of enjoyment.

Verve Christmas in the Air and Waltzingmouse
Very Vintage Labels No. 1

Updated: This card is going to be mass produced, for me that's a total of six times. I have all the pieces stamped and cut out waiting to get glued to the card bases. I used the Mojo214 sketch as my inspiration.

Stampin Up! Leafy Glade BG and Verve
Verve Poinsettia Christmas, Bloom and Grow, Love Story, SU Leafy Glade


Lots of Iridescent Ice on this card!
Oh and another mommy and me time is my first ever sock puppet with my son. He's esctatic about it and still needs to "decorate" it. That's for another post. Until then, keep making special times happen both in your craft room and your life!


Details: Project 1 {Project 2}
Stamps: Verve Christmas in the Air and Waltzingmouse Very Vintage Labels No. 1, To and from in the Stampin' Up Framed set {Stampin Up! Leafy Glade BG and Verve Poinsettia Christmas, Bloom and Grow, Love Story, SU Leafy Glade)}
Paper: White cardstock, Crumb Cake, chipboard, SEI Sunny Day pack {Text Prints dp, Crumb Cake, Certainly Celery, Cream, HL Holiday red}
Ink: VersaMark {Ruby Red, Old Olive, Versamark}
Accessories: Nestabilities, Ranger white embossing powder, ribbon, clear acetate, red craft felt, SU Pretties kit pearls, Recollections bead string {SU Iridescent EP, Elegant Leaves Die, Lovely Marquee Die, DMC floss (Ecru, 349), Aqua Pen, Copic Markers, Glass beads, Offray ribbons, circle die}

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card. The sentiment, the colors, the craftsmanship, the sparkle. Need a tutorial on this one please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous, Janelle! Love that ornament and the card is simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!