Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, November 11, 2011


We are celebrating Veteran's Day in the US today. Thanks to all who have served and are serving our country. Our family is grateful for your service!

I've been on hold with a lot of projects this whole week. I woke up Monday morning with a stiff neck and upper back. It's usual for me to have these episodes, but I can usually tag it on to some outrageous feat I've accomplished. This time it just happened. I must be getting old. Oh-hum.

Well anyway, last week I managed to create three cards in one night and then I had no time or strength to blog about them.

Here's one of the cards made for the October Viva La Verve Challenges on Splitcoast Stampers forum. It's the week 4 sketch by Charmaine Ikach. There are already two sketches for November. I'd better get crackin'!


I had fun tearing these pattern papers from My Mind's Eye Bohemia pack. I glued them to a precut sheet of copy paper sized 4 x 5 1/4 inches. When I was done, I tore away the copy paper from the pattern paper where it might have shown around the edges. I left some pieces going off the edges for a spontaneous card base.


The sentiment is from Verve's Always on my Mind set. I stamped it on heavy watercolor paper with Memento Tuxedo Black. I used a Nestabilities oval die to cut a larger shape around it and then wet the embossed edge the die makes with an aqua pen. I tore the edges and the paper stopped at the embossed edge. Nice effect, I think.

The scribbles was a overflow of creativity from all of the tearing I did on this card. I just wanted a free form edge and my new favorite pen (Copic Mulitliner 0.08mm). I believe that pen is going to give me many more creative edges in the future.

I'll be posting about the other cards as I have time and upper body strength to sit at the computer. Until next time,



Details:

Stamps: Always on My Mind (Verve)
Paper: Bohemia pack (MME), watercolor paper
Ink: Copic Multiliner pen, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Moss Rhinestones, oval die cut (Spellbinders PaperArts)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!