Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Stitched Birthday Blessing


 This card was something I did back in October for the Viva La Verve sketch challenge week 5 from Diva Andrea, but didn't have time to post about them all. A nice simple card with only one thing stamped!

The paper is from the Double Deck set by Cosmo Cricket using the Material Girl set. I hand cut the rulers off one page and just "wrapped" them around the middle of the card. I used the red ruler as a two tail banner from the sketch layout. The sentiment is stamped in Brown Bag ink onto about 7 layers of old sketch paper that was die cut with a nestabilities scallop circle die.  Then I pulled out my plastic canvas circle and pierced around the edges for my stitched DMC embroidered border. I sponge distressed around the scallops to make it pop off the background a bit, but also added three-dimensional tape to finish it off. The button is a DIY chipboard made with three thin chipboard circles glued together after the button holes were punched with a Crop-a-dile. I used black craft paint to color the button after a failed attempt to heat emboss it. I don't know how some of you pull that off, but I'm not any good at that. I've tried on several different projects and it's just not in me.

The sketch had a three panel background that wasn't showing up as nicely as I wanted so I drew by hand some stitches above and below the focal point. Not the best, but I think it works with the style of sewing and stitching.



Have a splendid Wednesday!

Details:
Stamps: Love Deepens
Paper: Material Girl, vintage graph paper
Ink: CTMH Brown Bag, Ranger Tea Dye
Accessories: Paper button and embroidery thread, scallop circle nestabilities die

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Janelle on making the Stampendous blogstar!! I'm looking forward to getting to know you and working with you. xxx Steph

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!