Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Stitched Birthday Blessing


 This card was something I did back in October for the Viva La Verve sketch challenge week 5 from Diva Andrea, but didn't have time to post about them all. A nice simple card with only one thing stamped!

The paper is from the Double Deck set by Cosmo Cricket using the Material Girl set. I hand cut the rulers off one page and just "wrapped" them around the middle of the card. I used the red ruler as a two tail banner from the sketch layout. The sentiment is stamped in Brown Bag ink onto about 7 layers of old sketch paper that was die cut with a nestabilities scallop circle die.  Then I pulled out my plastic canvas circle and pierced around the edges for my stitched DMC embroidered border. I sponge distressed around the scallops to make it pop off the background a bit, but also added three-dimensional tape to finish it off. The button is a DIY chipboard made with three thin chipboard circles glued together after the button holes were punched with a Crop-a-dile. I used black craft paint to color the button after a failed attempt to heat emboss it. I don't know how some of you pull that off, but I'm not any good at that. I've tried on several different projects and it's just not in me.

The sketch had a three panel background that wasn't showing up as nicely as I wanted so I drew by hand some stitches above and below the focal point. Not the best, but I think it works with the style of sewing and stitching.



Have a splendid Wednesday!

Details:
Stamps: Love Deepens
Paper: Material Girl, vintage graph paper
Ink: CTMH Brown Bag, Ranger Tea Dye
Accessories: Paper button and embroidery thread, scallop circle nestabilities die

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Janelle on making the Stampendous blogstar!! I'm looking forward to getting to know you and working with you. xxx Steph

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!