Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Blues


Just a quick post with a Verve-y card today. I liked the sketch Maureen challenged us all with for the third week of October's Viva La Verve on Splitcoast Stampers. I stretched the sketch taller into a A7 size card and what a difference that made in the balance of my card! I missed a layer in there somewhere too.

I used two different sets from Verve. I love that flower out of Great Friend. I think it's the easiest fussy-cut flower of all! I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Hope Blooms set and highlighted one stamp with Muted Turquoise Prismacolor marker.


After cutting out the sentiment circle it looked a bit bland so I found a scrap of black paper that I previously cut out a nesties bloom for this project. I cut out the trim with the same size circle and glued it in place. A bit of bling, sponge distressing and satin ribbon bow... I think that's it!

As always, I'm so glad you stopped by to see a bit of my creations.



Details:
Stamps: Great Friend, Hope Blooms
Paper: Neenah Solar Smooth White, Basic Black, Authentique Journey
Ink: Distress Ink Soot, Memento Tuxedo Black, Prismacolor Marker
Accessories: satin ribbon (Stampin' Up), circle and bloom dies (Spellbinders Paper Arts), Smoke Rhinestones, scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up), Sew Easy Tool, Button thread, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!