Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Blues


Just a quick post with a Verve-y card today. I liked the sketch Maureen challenged us all with for the third week of October's Viva La Verve on Splitcoast Stampers. I stretched the sketch taller into a A7 size card and what a difference that made in the balance of my card! I missed a layer in there somewhere too.

I used two different sets from Verve. I love that flower out of Great Friend. I think it's the easiest fussy-cut flower of all! I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Hope Blooms set and highlighted one stamp with Muted Turquoise Prismacolor marker.


After cutting out the sentiment circle it looked a bit bland so I found a scrap of black paper that I previously cut out a nesties bloom for this project. I cut out the trim with the same size circle and glued it in place. A bit of bling, sponge distressing and satin ribbon bow... I think that's it!

As always, I'm so glad you stopped by to see a bit of my creations.



Details:
Stamps: Great Friend, Hope Blooms
Paper: Neenah Solar Smooth White, Basic Black, Authentique Journey
Ink: Distress Ink Soot, Memento Tuxedo Black, Prismacolor Marker
Accessories: satin ribbon (Stampin' Up), circle and bloom dies (Spellbinders Paper Arts), Smoke Rhinestones, scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up), Sew Easy Tool, Button thread, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!