Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Wishing a Great Year


Hello and happy Tuesday! I was out of blogland this weekend, my computer lost it's video card to my hubby's computer and then we both ended up having to get new cards. I quick ship from Amazon and we are hopefully both back on the happy cyber trail again.

Last week I delivered three homemade baskets for each of my children's homeroom teachers. I made up tags to go on them and then started to think creatively with a brown paper bag.


For the tag I went with the apple from Paper Smooches, Falling for You, and paper pieced it together with DCWV Flower Shower Spring Stack and some tan and cream cardstock. I wanted a unique sentiment to go with my apple assortment in the basket and looked on the web for something. I googled teacher appreciation and apples to see what I could find and came across "wishing you sweetness throughout the year" and changed it to include the tart moments because I had a couple of granny smith apples in the bag. Once approved from my mother-in-law, retired school teacher, I played with the font size and placement of the text using A Little Pot (free font) style text. Then some Offray crochet trim and black gingham ribbons with a few rhinestones and SU! scallop edged to finish it off.


The tag on a re-purposed paper grocery bag with hand-shredded bag filler. I put in about 7 apples of three different variety in the middle of the bag. The jars (below) hold homemade caramel sauce and chocolate sauce.





Details:
Stamps: Paper Smooches Falling for You
Paper: Flower Shower Spring Stack (DCWV), black and kraft cardstock (Hobby Lobby), Exact Cream (Wausau)

Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Large paper grocery sack, large format paper cutter (for shredding), blossom dies (nestabilities), circle punch (SU), stapler, 1/2 pint canning jars


1 comment:

  1. How awesome isthis!!! Love it! Very creative with the paper bag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!