Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, August 26, 2011

Miss You Like Crazy!

Today I'm posting a card that is inspired by my motherly instincts kicking in this week. My sweet 6 year old girl goes off to school next week... FOR THE WHOLE DAY! I am going to miss her like crazy, but I can't tell her that or we'll never part at the classroom door. I can let you all know how much I'll be missing her and that will make it all better, right?

card172w

This card is going in with the Viva La Verve August gallery on Splitcoast Stampers. It's a fun sketch every Friday and if you happen to get all the sketches in a month you might just win some Verve goodies! I used Amber's sketch from week 1...

 
I stacked some dimensional adhesive squares behind the sentiment so it looks like it’s draping over the tag. That butterfly is a CASE from somewhere in the Verve gallery or a blog hop. I’m sorry I can’t give due credit for that idea, but I can give a shout out to Amber for the idea with the embossing folder on the side of my base panel.

card172wdetail

A fun technique to try out is cut the sticky end of a sticky note and use it as an edge for your sponge distressing. I tried it on my back panel and promptly covered it up with all my layers. Here’s a snapshot of the idea.

card172wTechnique

Thanks for stopping by this fine Friday!

Details: (5 1/2-inch square card size)
Stamps: Hope Blooms, Sweet Scallop Tag
Paper: Journey DP (Authentique), kraft (Hobby Lobby), Basic Black (SU), tracing paper
Ink: Basic Black (SU), Soot (Ranger), Faded Denim (Ranger)
Accessories: Flutterby Die (Verve), black medium eyelets (American Crafts), sewing machine, zig zag scissors (Fiskars), Just my Type embossing folder (Provocraft), aida cloth, DIY ruffled blue ribbon, sponge distress tool (CTMH)

3 comments:

  1. love the way you created the inked designs with the deco border! I can't wait to give that a try sometime! Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love the technique with the post. Thank you so much for sharing this gorgeous card with us. While I would love to tell you things will get easier...they don't as they get older, it actually gets tougher. Cherish these moments and hold them close to your heart. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!