Friday, July 15, 2011

Simply CASE Study ~ Bloom and Grow


It is the middle of July already and all my summer projects are slowly dwindling down. How are your's coming? There are always house projects to tackle, but I finished a very surprisingly arduous sewing project for a friend. A simple children's dress for a photo shoot. I hopped in her car and hand stitched the lace on to the sleeve's as she was driving over to the photographer's house. The last stitch and knot was done in the driveway! I laugh now, but boy was I worried if I was ever going to get it done. Did I mention that I started it in March?

I have been putting my stamping on the back burner since the beginning of the year, hoping that I could find a way to organize my To Do list to where I would be spending more time in my art studio during the day and not so much during the sleeping hours. I think it's going to be a longer process for me, but I'm enjoying some time to get my other hobbies done, like the sewing project I mentioned earlier.

Well, I just felt like I needed to get a card done, to feel like I still had game. I pulled up a practice piece for mixed media. I'm so inspired by all that is coming in to the card making world that I used when I was naive to the industry. I hope to keep playing and creating some more with traditional art supplies.



To motivate the start to my card I went for a Splitcoast Stampers challenge and found that the Ways to Use It (WT331): Crazy Collage challenge would work with my practice paper's. I added some more stamping to fit the challenge, but was still needing a layout. I used the July CASE Study challenge blog (CSC48) as my inspiration to finish this card. This month's muse is Dawn Woleslagle. What a crisp study piece!

My collage paper is a patterned paper that I stamped the flowers from Bloom and Grow in Baroque Burgundy and then stamped the leaves from the same set in Old Olive. This was after I laid out my mini gathered flowers stencil by Creater's Workshop and spritzed with some diluted Baroque Burgundy inker out of a Mister Spritzer bottle. Once I placed my elements I used two more stamps from my new Stella and Rose Doilies from Gertie "Girly" Stamps. Then to add some mixed media to it I dry brushed antique yellow craft paint on it, sometimes dipping the brush into a lighter yellow paint. So for the challenge I used 1) flower, 2) leaves, 3) medium doily and 4) small doily.


Have a fun and safe weekend.


Details:
Stamps: Verve's Bloom and Grow, MME Stella and Rose Gertie "Girly" Stamps
Paper: I can't tell what the pattern paper is on the mixed media panel, dafodil delight (pleated and sewn sentiment panel), cream cardstock base
Ink: Baroque Burgundy, Old Olive, CTMH Colonial White, Ranger Vintage Photo, Brilliance Black Graphite
Accessories: Sew Easy Tool, Black Button thread, QuicKutz fancy antique key die, gold cord, Hobby Lobby gingham ribbon, Tombo Liquid Glue, Queen and Co. Nightfall rhinestones

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love your blog, off to explore some more! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty indeed! Delightful creation :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!