Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day ~ Daddy




Hello everyone!

I'm popping in with a quick post and happy wishes to all the dad's out there. I hope your day is the best!


I put this card together with scraps and experiment pieces I had saved. If you look hard enough you can find unique things in your scraps, that is if you save scraps like I do.

I played with some stamps a while ago to make the card base look rugged and then left it alone and forgot about it. I updated it with the dressmaker tool used with tracing paper, what's that called? Well I dragged that lightly across my ink pad and ran it a few times on the paper to get a nice stitching hole look. I had a scrap of embossed paper that I dry brushed burnt umber acrylic over to get a good wood grain look. I think that was from a Father's Day card last year! I made a thank you card a couple weeks ago and stamped the filler paper stamp from Verve, yep an extra one was laying on the work table. A distressed tag from my husband birthday card last year. I've been trying to use these chipboard photo corners I had wet embossed with Ranger distress EP and finished with ink distressing for a Viva La Verve sketch in January 2011. The most recent was the experiment making corrugated board from a link I took on an inspiring post and piece by Julee Tilman.

I think this is the quickest card I've put together with embellishments the probably each took me 30 minutes to make.

It would take a long time to figure out all the tools and supplies I used on this so I'll tell you what I stamped on it last week and call it good. {grin}


Have an awesome day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!