Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Monday, January 24, 2011

Lovely Together


I'm dropping in with a jazzy card today. I've used Pippa and Sonny with Rose from this month's offer at DigiStamp Boutique. The offer has three adorable images with Pippa and Sonny.



Pippa and Sonny are colored with Prismacolor markers without a color challenge or designer paper as the inspiration. When it came time to put the image on the card I had to dig pretty deep to find something to go with it and I found that in the Butterflies and Blossoms Stack pack. After finding the psychedelic paper, I cut out some hearts from my Cuttlekids collection of dies and colored them the same as the rose Pippa and Sonny are holding. Then I outlined them with black pen and added some dimensionals to make them pop. The sentiment is from Verve's Heart's Desire is stamped in Graphite Black.

When I got to the background I decided it's a new year and it time for a new background technique. I chose two shades of color from my Prismacolor set and started making circles. I've never done this before so I was pleased with how it came out.

Here's a little side view to show off some simple layers.

Here's some new collections Sally-Ann has added to the Boutique. They are darling!


Zoe Princess Collection

Valentine Birds

Thanks for stopping by today!

Details:
Paper: Butterflies and Blossom's stack pack, Neenah White, Basic Black
Ink: Laserjet, Prismacolor Markers, PITT artist black pen, Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: Cuttlekids heart dies, Nestabilities Classic Square die

6 comments:

  1. This is sooooo beautiful Janelle - the colouring is perfection, and the image is simply adorable. A perfect Valentines card.
    Hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. An adorable card, love how you coloured the image and fab paper.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh....my....this is amazing Janelle....your colouring detail is amzing and I adore the paper and hearts....utterly delightful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janelle, I love the way you've created your dotty background, it looks amazing. I'm now thinking how I could create it using my copics. Simply stunning, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely incredible! I love it sooo much! You really are so creative, I never would have thought to do a background like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I can't believe this is your first time doing the background, it rocks!

    -- dalis

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!