Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Coco Heart


I've got an all time favorite digital stamp image to share today. Coco with Big Heart from DigiStamp Boutique cannot get any more cute! When I first saw this bear a year ago it reminded me of my own stuffed bear named Mocha (for it's fur color) and every time I color Coco those are the Prismacolors I pull off my shelf. I'm hooked.


The card was very easy to pull together... once I had the time. I used some oval nestabilities to cut out my prismacolor marker colored Coco. Then a scalloped oval nestie to frame it up nicely. It's been forever and one day since I've used my Stickles and what better time than when hearts are the theme, so I dotted the scallop mat with Xmas Red. I matted some Love paper from Me and My Big Ideas with kraft text weight paper, then began to pair up some ribbon to criss cross around the bottom of the card. I ended up with some gingham ribbon I bought at JoAnn's $1 display at Christmas and red satin from my 19 penny bag from Hancock Fabrics.

The card base still looked a bit bare so I grabbed a new stamp set from CTMH called Simple Stitches and carefully stamped a narrow zigzag stitch around the Love paper border. I say carefully, because I had already adhered the ribbon AND the mats to the card base.



The sentiment is a fabby ticket Sally-Ann designed and I love that she's got them already colored for a simple addition to any sweet card. You can find the tickets in the Valentine Sentiments collection.



I hope you are all having a sweet and cuddly weekend and hopefully rested for you week ahead.



Details:
Stamps: Coco with Big Heart, Valentine Sentiments, CTMH Simple Stitches
Paper: M&ME Love DP, kraft text, Wausau Cream CS, Neenah Smooth Solar White
Ink: LaserJet, Prismacolor Markers, CTMH Brown Bag
Accessories: Nestabilities Oval and Scallop Oval, perforating blade (ticket), Misc. ribbon, Xmas Red Stickles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!