Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Monday, December 20, 2010

A Merry Birthmas Card - Commissioned



A super quick post with a splattering of details, but I had to show you this card with an adorable mushroom house from Make It Crafty, an Australian-based company, who sells some of the neatest background scene and house stamps.

I was asked by my hubby to make up a card that he could give to his brother for a combined birthday and Christmas present and in his humorous style he blurted out, "A Merry Birthmas card!".

The mushroom house has a banner made by little ol' me because I thought it just needed one to celebrate a fantastical event. Celebrations need banners! LOL The stamped sentiment comes out of the Verve Great Friend set.


I printed out the images on kraft paper and used my Prismacolor pencils. A technique that has piqued my interest since viewing some adorable cards Victoria has been showing on her blog. I used OMS and a paper stump to blend in the mass colors (blue sky, red mushroom cap and scales on the stem) and went back over with a lighter/darker or complementary pencil color to give dimension.


So glad it's the week before Christmas, that means we are just committed to having fun this week. Hope you are all going to be able to do the same, in some way, too.

God bless you and your family during the holidays!


Details:
Stamps: Make It Crafty Mushroom House, Verve Great Friend
Paper: Kraft, Old Olive, Dark Red, Basic Black
Ink: LaserJet, Prismacolor Pencils, Graphite Black
Accessories: Spica Clear Glitter Pen, Martha Stewart Photo Corner Punch, Bigs Leaves Die, Martha Stewart Scoring Board (for 6 x 6 envelope)

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful card and image, your coloring is great.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of a Birthmas card Janelle, particularly as my hubby's Birthmas is on the 27th Dec! Your colouring is fabulous, and I love the pretty banner you created. Fab mushroom house too.
    x Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!