Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hoot for Joy!


Whoo-Hoot! or is it... Hu-it, tohoo! Hoot is coming to spread a bit of joy on my card today.


The owl, Hoot, is colored with Prismacolor Markers and handcut with a craft knife. I had quite a few die cuts lying around on my table so I decided to just pull them together for this card. What was lying around? A tag die from Verve, a photo corner from Martha Stewart, jumbo ricrac from My Favorite Things and a circle from Spellbinders. I used Papertrey Ink's rick rack for accent. In Basic Black ink, I stamped 2003 Stampin Up mini background onto the card base and the 2007 "joy" stamp on Neenah Solar White. The kraft circle needed a little something so I grabbed a sponge and white gesso paint and did some accent sponging around the edge. For some finishing touches I gave the tag some tails with hemp twine and three black rhinestones from American Crafts.


Pile It On Challenge - Christmas or Winter with Animals
Lil Red Wagon - Use some red
Raise The Bar #43 - Curves
Stamping Vacation - Pick 3 for November (Green card base, popdot and tag)
Lexi's Creations - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

Details:
Card Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Stamps: DSB Hoot, SU Fresh Fillers and Perfect Presentation
Paper: Using up Scraps
Ink: LaserJet, Prismacolor Markers, Basic Black, Gesso Paint
Accessories: Verve Sweet Scallop Die, Spellbinders Standard Large Circle, My Favorite Things Jumbo RicRac, Papertrey Ink Rickrack, Martha Stewart Photo Corner, Hemp Twine, American Crafts Black Rhinestones

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! Thanks for sharing with us at Raise the Bar this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute owl image! Thanks for joining us at Lexi’s Creations this time for our ‘Anything goes’ challenge and good luck, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at Pile It On.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely great ! Cute image and the colors fits perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!