Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Monday, August 16, 2010

Just around the corner...


Hello everyone!

I apologize for being such a post-lackey lately. I've been changing around some of my life and trying to improve it a bit. You know the sleep and healthy eating are at the top of the list, but one of the changes is to be more organized in my posts and projects. You'll see some of the change here in a week or so, but until then I wanted to at least post something. Then Thursday night happened!

Last week was busy with MoPS (Mother of Preschoolers) day at the zoo and my hubby was off of work for three days to do projects around the house, but then Thursday night our irrigation water spigot wasn't turned in the off position and when the whole system came back on, our window well became flooded, half full in fact. It leaked through the window and soaked our carpet in one whole room and part of the landing to the stairs. No damage was done thankfully, but a lot of water to get sucked up, which we did ourselves. At one point we had the carpet padding line drying on our deck and a portion of the carpet sunbathing in our driveway! ROFLOL What a sight!

Everything has settled down a bit and I'm back to my normal busy life. I can finally sit down and create a post.

This month's Release at InStyle Stamps is being showcased all this week on the store blog. You'll have to hop on over there and check it all out! I'm taking a wee bit of a break and it's just tearing me up I can't create with all the great images this month, so head on over and drool with me as we window shop!!!!!! Then Friday is release day. All the images will be available in the store.

In honor of release week, I'm posting a card I made last month for the InStyle Stamps July Release week. I'm not sure how it was left out of my post then, but it's coming in handy for today.



This Witchy Cat is from InStyle Stamps July Release. It's such a whimsical cat and not too scary for me either. I colored him with my Prismacolor Markers and did that trick where you cut out a portion of the image around the edges but use a Nestabilities die for the rest. I'm not sure where I first learned about that technique, but it's been handy a few times.

I colored the background in with Pumpkin Orange Prismacolor marker and popped him up on some black paper. Printed out my sentiment and used my Tim Holtz On the Edge Brackets die to get that reverse scallop edge. Then I created some button flowers using RAK primas from Virginia (thanks Hon!) and some black button thread to tie them all together.

Have a great Monday everyone! Well I'll just say Tuesday now that the day is almost over.

Details:
Card Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Stamps: InStyle Stamps Witchy Cat
Paper: DCWV Paper Pack, Basic Black, Neenah Classic Crest,
Ink: LaserJet, Prismacolor Markers
Accessories: Primas Flowers, white buttons, Tim Holtz Alterations Edge die, Black Button thread, Offray Orange Sherbet satin ribbon, Large Oval Nestabilities Die

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!