Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

To You... Ornamental Girl


I am so in love with InStyle Stamps Chloe images. I get excited every month to see the new images, but until next month comes along I'll just keep using these adorable christmas images.
My card today is with Ornamental Chloe. The last creation with her was a soft blue and dainty image so this time I wanted to go bold!



Did you see the tutorial from Angela last week for InStyle Stamps Method Monday? She absolutely is the best I've seen at coloring. She made an awesome tutorial on hair and skin and if you haven't seen it, you need to hop on over there and check it out.  I was so inspired by Angela that I had to try it out on Chloe even if I don't have Copics. You know how I love my Prismacolors.


I have been meaning to try and use this pack of pre-printed acetate since almost the beginning of the year. I decided if I could cut out the ornament area and place it behind the image that it might have the effect of a clear glass ornament. I traced the cut out area on another piece of white cardstock and used some markers to add shading and then did some sponging on the back of the acetate to make it look antiqued. I was a bit too quick gluing it altogether so the sponging was absorbed into the white backing, but it still looks okay. No photos will show that the glass ornament effect was achieved. In real life it looks pretty neat!


I went ahead and created that faux ribbon style of pleated paper for this card. I used my two prismacolors  to make it look like that silk ribbon and then pulled out ye ole Fiskar Corkscrew scissors to cut it out, then pleated and went over the corkscrew edge again with the darker marker. I had lots of fun and used my new sewing machine for the stitching taking three passes to create the triple sewn ribbon. Okay, I was having fun using my sewing machine and got carried away. LOL



Have a great day and as always, thank you so much for stopping by.


Details:
Card Size: 5 1/2 inches square
Stamps: InStyle Stamps Ornamental Chloe, Verve Oh Christmas Tree
Paper:  Wausau Royal Fiber Chocolate and Kraft, Neenah Classic Crest White, Making Memories Bird Acetate Flower Patch, LSS Mustard
Ink: LaserJet, Prismacolor Markers*, Ranger Tea Dye Ink
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Glue gun (homemade dew drops), Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Sissix (c) Dena Designs Frame w/Flower & Vine Bigz die, Quickutz Tags Thin Die

Prismacolor Marker Details: Chloe Hair - Blondwood, Mocha Dark, Sepia, Cocoa Bean; Skin - Eggshell, Brick Beige, Clay Rose; Bow/Scarf/Ruffles/Shoes - True Green, Parrot Green; Dress - Pale Vermillion, Tuscan Red; Ornament shading - Cold Stone, Colorless Blender; Edges - Parchment

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Janelle! I love how you colored her in! and that faux ribbon is gorgeous! I love it :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning card janelle, beautifully colored!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janelle, this is stunning! Love the non-traditional colors. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to know how you did the faux ribbon paper thing! I love it!!! Well, I love everything you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Chloe is just stunning! I love everything about your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!