Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Monday, June 21, 2010

Basketball Season is Over...Now what?


Happy Monday everyone!

I'm posting this card a day late and yet it doesn't even really seem like a Father's Day card, but I gave it to my sweet hubby for it anyway! LOL

I used an image from DigiStamp Boutique called Snoozing Chap. The neatest thing about this image is you can get him just snoozing or snoozing with a cold frothy mug next to him. It's perfect! I could even see using both of these images on one card, side by side, the last one being without the mug and the caption saying, "Something's missing from this picture...", for a birthday card maybe. Hmmmmm....

Okay on to my card for today!


I wrapped the sentiment on the top and bottom of the image before I printed it out, but didn't think about framing it. So I got out my circle template (it's an old, old one that might still be used for engineer drawings) and penciled around the edges then went back over it with my PITT India Ink pen.

My sentiment is geared toward my hubby's love of sports. After NCAA Men's then Men's NBA playoff and championship tournaments there is a quietness about our house that I can't explain. It seems like busy season is over and it's time to just relax. So I wrote the sentiment in jest about there now being time to do things around the house...like sleep. LOL

I photocopied and reduced the size of our Sunday newspaper sports section and then sliced it into strips for texture on the background. I cut a couple pieces of cork as "tails" of ribbon. They didn't show up well so I colored them with my Sienna Brown Prismacolor Marker and now they stand out just fine.

Have a marvelous Monday. It's my son's birthday today and I have tons to try and pull together for birthday-ish things to do.

Details:
Card Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Stamps: Snoozing Chap
Paper: Neenah Smooth White, Kraft, Dark blue from scraps
Ink: LaserJet, Prismacolor Markers, PITT Black India Ink Pen
Accessories: Photocopier, Cork, Sunday Newspaper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!