Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What an Angel

I was completely amazed when I realized that next week will be Thanksgiving weekend for us in the United States. I'm completely amazed at how fast time goes by.

It means that I will be grocery shopping for some special items to be cooked, baked and marinated (in sugar), but I'm wondering now what all of you are planning to do? So write in a comment and let me know. I'd love to hear about your plans. Whatever you do don't leave me tips on how to cook the best turkey (hint, hint), because I've given up on that bird being done perfectly.

Okay, now for the regular part of my post.

This fall I decided to try out new challenges that I haven't done before. I started with Midnight Madness then Sweet Stop Saturday and then the past week or so I've done three new challenges! I did Mercy Kerin's Tuesday Sketch last week for my "Wonder of it All" easel card which was another challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges. And this card is from the Card Patterns sketch challenge blog. I didn't stick to the sketch bacground very well, but I believe I'm a rebel when it comes to doing a sketch exactly like it is presented.  It's not so much a rebellion as I'm losing brain cells staying up so late making cards! {wink}

I tried to use colored pencils and OMS (oderless mineral spirits), but I didn't get as vibrant of colors as my markers, but even after laying down some marker ink I went back and highlighted Kimi's hair with pencil. The background paper is handmade. I started with a Lilac color cardstock, stamps Linograph background stamp with Lovely Lilac and then ran over it with my brayer once with Lavendar Lace and then Creamy Caramel. After it was all done I dropped tiny dots of Yellow Stickles to the centers of each "star" (which is not noticeable in the photo) and also added some to Kimi's halo.

Yikes! There's no sentiment on the card. I'll add one on the inside before I send it out. LOL

Some information to share: This month In Style Stamp's Over the Hump Blog Candy give-away has a stack of paper, ribbons and two traditional stamps. All you need to do to play along is create something with the Snow theme and post it on your blog then tell ISS about it in the comment section of this post. Please check the post for details. There's a Method Monday post for an adorable easel card and then there is a Wednesday Challenge with Scallop Edges. I hope you'll stop over at ISS and play a long if you have a chance.

The other share item is that Verve is having a Project Parade going on until next week. The projects I've glanced at are amazing, but you can play along. I hope to have something to show next week, which is also Thanksgiving week which is also another Verve release by blog hopping! Okay that's enough for today.

Have a great rest of the week!

Details:
Stamps: In Style Kimi, SU Linograph
Paper: Mohawk Smooth White, LSS purple , lilac and gold
Ink: Lavendar Lace, Lovely Lilac, Creamy Caramel, LaserJet, Prismacolor Markers (PM 72, 78, 79, 121, 48,142, 194,212, 201, 70, 172, 21, 69, 131) and pencils (PC 903, 94)
Accessories: SU Crushed Curry ribbon, MS Powerpoint (to resize Kimi and add a triangle behind her), Yellow Stickles glue, Dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, Janelle! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this is very very pretty!!! I love the stamp you used on this!!! Wonderful job :)
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Janelle! I love the three gold panels behind your image. Such a fab idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the purple and yellow together. Really highlights your angel. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!