Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Monday, October 26, 2009

In Style Catch of the Day



Last week I mentioned I would be sharing a project I made and well I got busy with other posts and didn't get this one out.

I went very creative with a digital stamp from In Style Stamps. You have to go see their stamps! They are SO neat. The anime digi I used is called Alyssa. She is a catch isn't she? So much that she was featured in the sports section of the newspaper. She's not new but from a league of her own so you're seeing an article while she was still in her youth.

That's right! I designed the framework of the newspaper article and added the Alyssa digi-stamp as a "photo". Some time's I get an idea in my head and I can't stop until it comes to fruition. LOL

If there is interest I'll do a tutorial on how I made the newspaper article. I did it in MS PowerPoint!

I used only Prismacolor markers and pencils on the newspaper image adding a second arm with mitt for dimension. The baseball is made slightly like the felted cardstock tutorial over at SCS, but I could not get the napkin to stay adhered so I got out my Yes! paste and glued it on. The sketchy stitching is done by eyeballing a line on the back of the ball and then stitching back and forth over the line. I used a photo of a ball as my reference. The frame is made from Close To Cocoa cardstock ran through my Cuttlebug with a Sissix Distressed Emboss Plate which I rolled Chocolate Chip ink over it beforehand.



This acetate treat box (from SCS) uses a smaller, but whole image of Alyssa in Full Color. She hasn't aged a day has she? She still looks just as young as she was in that old newspaper article. ;) Since her size was too small for my markers I worked almost only in Prismacolor Pencils except for the larger areas of her shirt and hat.

Have a great week!

Janelle

Warning! The ink details are long!

Card Details:
Stamps: In Style Anime Alyssa Digital Stamp
Paper: Mohawk Smooth White, Stampin Up Chocolate Chip, White paper napkin (felted cardstock baseball)
Inks: LaserJet Printer, Chocolate Chip on embossing plate (frame), Prismacolor Markers (Brick White (base),Parchment (shadows), Light Walnut (background), Walnut (background), Brick Beige (skin and mouth), Clay Rose (skin shadows and mouth), Ash Grey (eyes); Prismacolor Pencils White (highlights), French Grey 20%, 70% (Hair), Brick Beige (skin), Clay Rose (skin)
Ash Grey (eyes), Jade Green (eyes)
Accessories: DMC Floss Thread red, Sissix Distressed Texturz Plate, 3D Dots and Dimensionals, MS Powerpoint software

Acetate Treat Box Details:
Stamps: In Style Anime Alyssa Digital Stamp
Paper: Mohawk Smooth White, Pattern Paper unknown, Stampin Up Chocolate Chip
Ink: LaserJet Printer, Prismacolor Markers (Brick White (mitt), Parchment (mitt), Lilac (shirt/socks), Brick Beige (skin), Clay Rose (skin), Ash Grey (shoes), Celadon Green (Hair), Mint Cream (Hair); Prismacolor Pencils Lt. Umber (mitt), Dk. Umber (mitt), Burnt Ochre (mitt), Lilac (shirt), Imperial Violet, (shirt/socks), Light Peach (skin),French Grey 70% (shoes/pants), Black (shoes), Jade Green (hair), Olive Green (hair), Lt Cerulean Blue (eyes), True Blue (eyes), Poppy Red (mouth), Crimson Red (mouth and ball seams), Terra Cotta (mouth), French Grey 20% (pants), White (highlights)
Accessories: Offray Lilac Satin Ribbon, EK Success Dotted Wave Edger Punch.

3 comments:

  1. What a terrific idea! I'm going to have to go check out their stamps -- I think this is the first I've heard of that company. I love what you did with this image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Janelle! Really great and creative projects! TFS

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. your work is just amazing, so glad I came across your blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!