Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sweet Stop Saturday Sketch 21



I'm trying to branch out and get into some other challenges. Last month I had a blast with the Midnight Madness crafters and I'll definitely stop over there every once in a while for a challenge and unique tutorials. This month I decided to have some fun with the challenges at the Sweet Stop blog.

This adorable bear is from Sweet n' Sassy Stamps. I downloaded it a while ago and even had him all colored, but just haven't had the time to decorate him onto a card. Until now!



I tried something a bit different on this card. To make the layered brown paper match around the bear image I colored them with my Prismacolor markers. The brown paper offset behind the bear was all markers. After I colored the paper with my Dark Brown and Eggplant markers, I grabbed the leaf stamp I used on the card base and lightly covered it with rubbing alcohol and stamped onto the paper. It shows up as a light bleaching affect. I'll have to play with this technique a bit more.(You can click on the card to see a larger image and possibly the technique I'm trying to describe.)

Card Details:
Stamps: Digital Stamp "Leave Me Smiling" from Sweet n' Sassy, SU! Fantastic Foliage
Paper: Old Olive, Goldenrod from LSS, Mohawk Smooth White cardstock
Ink: LaserJet printout, Versamark, Prismacolor markers
Accessories: SU! texturz plate, paper piercer and DMC Brown Floss, Michael's "Dashes, Dots and Checks" Dbl-stitch ribbon

Prismacolor markers used: Cold Stone, Light Cerulean Blue, Cerulean Blue, Brick Beige, Dark Brown, Eggplant, Tan, Cinnamon Toast, Cool Grey 10%, Goldenrod, Spanish Orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!