Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Thursday, May 21, 2009

School's Out and teacher's gifts are made

My daughter went through her first year of preschool! My hubby and I are so amazed at how much she has changed in just one short year. It's exciting to see her grow into a sweet little woman.

Her teacher is a family friend and we know her kitchen decor so we knew we had to make something with cherries. My mother-in-law and I found a cherry border in a crochet book so we got busy making cherries. We attached them to the bottom of two tea towels by sewing with green thread and white bobbin thread to hide our easy construction. I think they look pretty good. Don't you?


The other teacher is going to get a desk gift that will go along with her scrapbooking business. If not, it will work as a phone center desk set in a pinch. One side holds scratch paper I stamped and then the other side is a business card holder which I will be sliding in a gift card to finish off the gift.

I used the stamp set from CTMH's Tickled Pink Kit and I thought it worked out nicely making my own designer paper. The stamp set has the sentiment "I am..." which works nicely when you want to have business card in the holder. "I am...", then your name shows right below it to complete the sentence. Oh well, it's late and I thought it was clever.




For directions on how to make this desk gift go to Connie Steven's template at Splitcoaststampers website.

Now with how late I put these gifts together I just couldn't find the time to make a matching card for them. I've got too many other deadlines hanging over my head. I don't even know why I'm up posting on my blog. I should be in bed! That's me though.

Have a great day!

PS. Thanks CJ for all the help! I hope your hands stop cramping soon from all the tight needlework required for the tea towels.

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful gift ideas! Those cherry towels are TOO cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!