Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Monday, May 4, 2009

Last thing you see before going to...

design in your craft room. Apparently my inspiration ideas for the first Viva La Verve challenge of May only last until the last thing I see before going into my craft room.

I had a cute design idea from a baby blanket I was putting together. Diamonds. Colors were purples and pinks. Then when I was folding clothes I saw a great inspiration from my daughter shirt with felt letters and "dash-dot-dash" embroidery down the center of the letter. Well I thought of a great design with both of those and was ready to run with it the moment my children were tucked into bed. BUT the last thing I saw before going to my craft room were flowers very similar to the Because Of You and Plain Jane Flower printed on my daughter's pajama pants. Even the color of the flowers were a combo that I hadn't tried so it was set in stone. So that is the inspiration for this card I made to fit this weeks Viva La Verve Challenge "Find inspiration in your home".



I used Stampin Write Markers for the flowers in Chocolate Chip, Taken with Teal on the stamp. Green Galore was colored in the petals of the flowers. Chocolate Chip was used for the sentiment. Paper is all Local Scrapbook Supply Store stash. Some bling to finish off the card.

On another note, I decided to offer the template to the card stand I used on my Tulip Flower Pot card. Right now I can only offer it at Splitcoaststampers' forum at this thread. Here's my photo of it.




Hope you had a great start of your week.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Got your comment on Splitcoast (for kjlowrey, blog is www.sewstampscrapbook.blogspot.com). I haven't posted that card on my blog yet, but the inspiration for me too was a quilt I'm working on - actually a wall hanging. It was more for the colors, the red, yellow, and black. Love the look of that! Thanks for visiting my gallery and blog! I may have to case your flower pot below - LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!