Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Smile Sunshine!


I've been busy catching up on a few house chores and getting re-acquainted with my family since lasts weeks surge of Verve card making for the Release challenge. That sure does take it out of me for a few days.

I don't know for sure if my children realize that I stay up all night and do fun papercrafting things, but they sure do know that some mornings mommy just needs that extra sleep in time (thanks to hubby of mine) and a strong cup of coffee...or two. So how appropriate is the sentiments on this mojo card for me?



I don't smile much on those particular mornings and I'm not looking much like sunshine.



Card inside:


This card was so hard for me to get together. I started off with a technique with some creative license from the ribbon frame at Splitcoaststampers.com with direct credit to Claire Brennan. I chose to make knots in the ribbon at the corners of the frame instead of along the side of each side which meant I needed three holes per corner instead of one as in the ribbon frame above. So after practicing that a few times, I started on my black cardstock. I decided it looked too flat so I embossed. From the square cutout I used that as my size for the white paper image. Thank I was stuck on what to do with the rest of the Mojo sketch. As you can see it came out okay.

Some words of wisdom: If someone tells you "I've heard..." always test it on a scrap of paper the same color you intend to use on the finished card. I was told, "I heard.." using rubbing alcohol sprayed on the paper before embossing will give you a crisper emboss. Yep, it sure does, however on dark paper it looks like a ghosting on the back of the paper and also on anything else that was near it while being run through the emboss machine. (Look closely at the inside photo and you'll see what I'm describing. You might need to click on the image to see a larger image.)

If you didn't notice this card uses two sentiments that were not available last week. That's because I waiting so long to finish this card that I was able to use the new release Verve stamps that arrived today. Now there's incentive to finish a card.

Thanks for stopping in and listening to my long, drawn out, past due to stop post.
{wink} Stop by again soon. I'm still working on my sneak peek from last week (I'm having hardware issues), and I'm working on the last April Viva La Verve challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!