Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, April 3, 2009

Play with Clay Part 2

Two days later and I'm impressed with this homemade clay! Look at it now.

On Wednesday evening I checked it and the top was pretty dry but the bottom was still as fresh clay so I turned it over. I took one picture to show and then laid a small box on top of it to lay it flat. The next day I was going to post it and it was out of focus. Bummer. It doesn't look much different than the first day, but I think it looks crisper in design.

How much did it shrink? Take a look.


If you look across the bottom of the stamp and clay I aligned them with the lines that touch the text. It looks a little off to me but that is close enough to see how much it shrinks. The back is till not totally dry but I don't think it will add to the shrinkage.

Pretty neat. What do you think? What should I use it for? My patent answer is a card. Maybe glue ribbon on the back and tie it to a treat bag full of treats.

I take no credit for this idea. I got my visual instructions at Craftstylish . This website talks about using it for necklace pendants.

UPDATE: I didn't complete my credits. While I used the visuals from Craftstylish I used the recipe from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!