Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Another passion other than cardmaking?










Oh, I love to keep my fingers busy. It might be my mind that's really what I must keep busy, but I'll believe only my fingers. I've been tatting for about 2 1/2 years now. I tried to teach myself and failed miserably and then when I was about to leave my corporate job to start my domestic endeavors a coworker and I found out we had the same passion. She helped me out in the "flip" and then all I had to do was practice.



I gave birth to my daughter and that was the end of tatting practice for over a year. When we went off to Wisconsin so the extended family could see her in person I ran to the nearest Wal-mart and bought supplies to tat. After three days I finally got the "flip". After that I jumped right in and made a pair of booties for a friend of mine. It took me over 6 months to complete them.
These aren't the first booties I made, but the same pattern from Lenore English.
So now I'm wondering how much I've taught myself that isn't correct or at least could be done more easily if I took some classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!